DDB San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94108
Senior Creatives(Copywriter+Art Director)
We are currently looking for amazing Senior Copywriters and Art Directors who can bring both experience and expertise to the creative process.
We are looking for top talent that overtime have built a solid reputation for consistently delivering world-class creative business communications and are ready for and interested in helping to shape a new generation and body of work.
- 4-6 years of copywriting &/or art direction and design experience.
- Works well with the Client Service and Strategic Planning teams regarding marketing and creative strategies for brand concepts, providing insight and challenging the brief as appropriate in order to raise the agency’s creative offering.
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve the creative product.
- Generates and develops concepts and ideas, which meet the requirements of the brief as well as the client’s-branding standards that are of a consistently high standard.
- Understands and accepts the need to amend, revise or redevelop campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients.
- Participates in (and may lead) brainstorming sessions.
- Ensures all work is done to agreed deadlines and within budget often monitoring the progress of more junior staff.
- Multi-tasks, working on several campaigns at once, under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Is involved in the production process including casting, dealing with production companies and directors, as well as work with typographers, designers and printers.
- Possesses excellent written and presentation skills.
- Is able to sell a creative idea passionately and persuasively ensuring its link to the brief.
- Keeps up-to-date with popular culture and trends.
- Mentors more junior talent on the creative team sharing their knowledge, experience and expertise.
- Works well in a team, has developed a reputation for cooperation and teamwork.
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
DDB New York
New York, NY 10022
Creative Director (Copy)
· Provides overall thought-leadership for clients in the area of communications solutions
· Oversees all creative development from concept to final delivery for all agency clients
· Provides proactive contributions to the client’s business, demonstrating best-in-class product (innovation and quality)
· Drives collaboration with mainline and marketing objectives to ensure integrated, synergistic creative approach
· Fosters innovation and quality to ensure delivery of the best creative product in the industry
· Creates optimum structure to provide effective, efficient development of creative product
· Allocates appropriate personnel for all creative assignments
· Monitors all project milestones, deliverables, and risks to account leaders and senior management, communicating progress, issues, and accomplishments
· Works with Account Directors to secure and drive new initiatives for clients
· Oversees flawless delivery of creative deliverables in progress and the final product
· Ensures that the effort of the creative team are aligned and focused
· Provides clear direction to teams on their creative work, ensuring that it meets client’s goals and strategies
· Monitors overall quality of agency creative output providing direction and leadership
Knowledge and Skills
· Prepares and delivers presentations representing the creative with in-depth knowledge of why choices are being made
· Contributes to and fosters a growing library of knowledge around creative work and options
· Provides insight and analysis of trends and projections in all communications channels
· Has developed and shares a high level of visual literacy / understanding of typography, illustration, color theory, and photo manipulation
· Exhibits exceptional verbal communication skills, including ability to speak effectively before to senior management internally and externally
Relationships / Communications
· Constantly works to improve communications and processes necessary for optimum creative output
· Supervises, supports, and inspires creative leadership throughout the agency
· Accurately communicates team’s efforts internally / externally and reward success within team
· Has primary responsibility for creating, building and maintaining company creative reputation
· Fosters strong collaborative relationship with account management and other departments to ensure innovative and seamless delivery
· Is responsible for awareness and communication of creative successes both internally and externally
· Is responsible for attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining top creative talent
· Builds positive environment for the development of the highest quality creative product
· Provides evaluation, mentorship, and counsel to direct reports
· Demonstrates ability to lead cross-disciplinary team members
· Stewards career management and mentorship
· Ensures strong morale through open and constant communication and team leadership
· Has developed a reputation that commands respect among all stakeholders
· Undergraduate degree in an associated field
· Must have 8+ years in creative role in an advertising agency including 4 years in a management position
· Strong management experience including major and multiple client relationship and campaign
· Experience across all communications channels and business categories
This opening is for our Edmonton office.
You are a writer whose words move people to action, make them think differently, inspire them to learn more. Your book includes clever headlines, engaging long copy and smart visual solutions from video storytelling to radio scripts, web copy to social content, you’ve got great range. Ideally you have agency experience – at least three to five years. If you don’t, we still want to hear from you if you have writing samples that showcase a strong potential. In addition to your writing skills you are a creative thinker who can contribute to a group brainstorm, collaborate with art directors and designers, and work solo when required.
If you are the successful candidate, you can look forward to joining a company that’s part of a worldwide network known for hiring talented, smart and really nice people. That means you will be working alongside the most talented people in the market on a variety of portfolios for the best clients in Alberta and beyond.
How to apply:
Please upload your cover letter, resume and a link to your best work before July 31, 2019.
Thanks in advance to all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About DDB Canada
DDB Canada is one of the most creatively acclaimed, internationally recognized marketing communications agency in Canada. Our DDB Edmonton office is the most awarded agency at the Ad Club of Edmonton ACE awards and was awarded Social Media Agency of the Year for 3 consecutive years at SocialWest’s Hashtag Awards. DDB Canada is a “total communications company” whose fundamental belief is that creativity is the most powerful force in business. DDB Canada has offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal.Apply Now