Chicago, IL 60601
Client Finance Director
Client Finance Director
The Client Finance Director provides financial oversight for the US Army account and overall management of the Client Finance Team for the DDB Chicago office. As finance lead on Army, reporting into SVP of Finance, liaise with Account Management leads, Affiliate partners and Contract Management providing contractual required reporting, coordinates preparation of Task Order Proposals, monitor burn rate and staffing utilization, and prepare revenue forecasts. The Client Finance Director oversees, coordinates, plans and anticipates financial aspects of DDB Chicago Client Billing including but not limited to; Invoicing, Reporting, Credit Analysis, Working Capital Review, Revenue forecasting and reporting, financial analysis, financial controls and policies. The Finance Director provides ongoing reporting and recommendations to keep the SVP of Finance aware of financial issues and needs of the office. The Client Finance Director is also responsible for maintaining relationships and working in conjunction with all DDB Clients, DDB Corporate Shared Services and affiliate offices.
Areas of Accountability
- Government Contract Compliance and Reporting
- Coordination and Management of Affiliate Partner Reporting
- Reporting and Optimization of Burn and Revenue
- Management of client contractual requirements
- Oversight of Client Billing Process
- Oversight of Client Budget Reporting
- Onboarding of new Clients
- Accounts Receivable Monitoring
- Working Capital Reporting
- Client Credit Analysis Review – Carixa
- Reviewing and Approving Revenue Recognition
- Works with Account Management on Revenue Projections
- Management of client contractual requirements
Manage Accounts Payable Incoming Traffic
- Review A/P mailboxes to ensure timely processing of invoices
- Correspond with agency to resolve invoices with missing or incorrect coding
- Process exception invoice vouchers as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoice vouchers
Manage Vendor/MDC Data Entry
- Manage the data entry process for vendor master data
- Manage the data entry process for banking and payment data for all vendors
- Ensure accuracy of vendor data file and release vendors to Agency
Manage Vendor Maintenance Requests
- Research and resolve vendor on-boarding issues
- Assist with data migration activities
- Ensure integrity of vendor data and assist with year-end processing.
Assist with Invoice Workflow Issues
- Resolve workflow stoppage with corrective actions
- Reassign invoice transactions assigned to invalid approvers
Open Payable File Exceptions
- Run the Open Payable File for Production Vendors for Agency review
- Prepare Disbursement Proposals /Journals for Off Cycle Payables.
Generate A/P Journals
- Prepare weekly Disbursement Proposals /Journals
- House Expenses
- Intercompany Expenses
- Employee Expenses
Prepare Cash Application Journals
- Prepare Payment Journals for all Cash receipts
- Ensure payments are matched in ARC and uploaded into AX with client’s supported remittance advice
Prepare GL Journals
- Prepare GL Journals for all non-trade receipts, reclass entries, write-offs and bank fees
Sarbanes & Oxley and Audit Support
- Prepare and review SBOX and audit selections
- Assist with audit requests and walkthroughs
- Work with the general accounting department to resolve A/P and A/R related issues
- Liaise with local agency finance on all A/P and A/R issues
- College degree
- 3-5 year’s work experience
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to work in a meticulous manner
- Experience working on an ERP system such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, or Peoplesoft
- Agency or marketing services industry experience
- Manage and maintain senior managers’ calendars
- Prepare reports and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and other software
- Preparing and managing expense reports
- Read and analyze incoming email, mail, and reports to determine their significance and take action
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- File, retrieve, and maintain documents, records, and reports
- Organize travel arrangements
- Booking internal meetings
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals
- Make arrangements for committee, client, and other meetings including ordering of food, ensuring room tidiness and preparedness
- Coordinate and direct office services, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid senior managers
- Microsoft office capable
including:Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-Point
- Liaises well with other departments
- Well organized
- Ability to prioritize
- Multi-tasks well
DDB reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of DDB to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.Apply Now
DDB Corporate, New York
New York, NY 10022
The Talent Coordinator supports DDB’s global HR team by planning and coordinating the delivery of learning programs, providing systems support for our performance management system, and providing project coordination support for our yearly employee engagement survey.
Global Learning and Development Support
Supports the planning and execution of training sessions globally
Performance Management Systems Support
Become a system expert and provide direct admin and end-user support to offices using our performance management system
- Acting as help desk for the global network
- Liaising with developers to troubleshoot
- Managing all system access (add/edit user access in system)
Employee Engagement Survey
Partner with the Senior Talent Manager to help manage the Employee Engagement Survey implementation, fielding and reporting. This includes:
- Managing project timeline and office registration
- Collecting, sorting and merging data from participating offices. This includes colleting all data to support implementation (i.e., employee data reporting relationships and analysis, etc.)
- Working closely with vendor to ensure timely delivery of all project tasks
- Creating and distributing reports, and coordinating online training sessions
Supports other global HR projects, as needed.
The ideal person
- 1–2 years of experience in HR, event planning, and/or systems support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working across locations, divisions, and departments
- Adaptive to change
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- MS Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Sharepoint.
This position is for our Edmonton office.
DDB Canada is looking for an administrative guru to join our Edmonton team.
Highly organized, committed, and passionate: you love helping out and want to work as part of a great team. You have a knack for problem solving and can really manage the details, and your education coupled with industry experience has taught you valuable skills in project coordination, time management, communication and building spreadsheets.
As the Office Coordinator, you will be providing administrative support to the entire agency and specifically assisting our media and accounting teams. You will wear many hats – performing accurate data entry and coordinating travel bookings, all while running our front of house reception and boardrooms.
You have a minimum of three years of office experience and strong computer skills (Word/Excel). Data entry experience preferred.
Perks include a fun and creative office environment, learning opportunities, a creativity/fitness allowance, and a great team of talented coworkers.
How to apply:
Please upload your cover letter and resume before April 10, 2019.
Thanks in advance to all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
DDB Canada is the most creatively acclaimed, internationally recognized marketing communications agency in Canada. Known for advertising that generates significant results for clients, DDB is a “total communications company” whose fundamental belief is that creativity is the most powerful force in business. DDB Canada has offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal. DDB Canada is part of DDB Worldwide.Apply Now