Track DDB, Toronto
Toronto Ontario M4W 3T4
DDB Canada is looking for an experienced strategist to join our growing strategy team – a blended group of digital, CRM and integrated strategists who believe in the power of cultural insights combined with consumer data to create relevancy, change behavior and ultimately grow our client’s business.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy, you will work closely with the creative and account teams to understand and represent the customer as you design strategic plans and deliver inspiring briefs that will help bring about creative solutions to our client’s business challenges. You must be a collaborator at the core, motivated by doing great work and be able to successfully manage multiple projects with agility. You are someone who likes to ask great questions, solve problems and who has the confidence to bring new thinking into the agency.
About the role.
- Lead the integrated planning process for key clients/projects, bringing in the optimal mix of insights, strategy, creative, tech, account representation to craft compelling communications strategies. You will also have the ability to clearly articulate them in a confident and persuasive manner to clients and teams.
- Connect consumer insights with client data research and cultural trends to uncover meaningful insights about a consumer – deriving the story from the insights – with an eye to how that relates to a bigger idea.
- Ability to see both the forest and trees, being able to help visualize how moments connect to form a cohesive customer journey – and how to transform those strategies into comprehensive connections plans, with an emphasis on segmentation, micro-journeys and content/cadence planning.
- Provide inspiration and ideas to creative teams as they begin the creative development process; act as a partner and sounding board during the creative process, with the ability to formulate and communicate an objective point of view on creative work that is constructive and representative of the consumer.
- Take high-level creative ideas and break them into their specific communications tasks; succinctly outline the role of channels within an idea; develop frameworks that assist in the presentation of ideas to clients.
- Support the development of thought leadership to both enhance the internal knowledge base on what the strategy team can do, but also to bolster the external positioning and new business efforts.
- Build excellent relationships with media partners and agency partners.
About you and your experience
- 5-7 years of integrated communications planning experience with emphasis on deep understanding of the consumer (the ability to find unique insights from specific sources outside of the traditional range of consumer research reports and easily obtained information from online sources)
- Strong ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
- Proven builder of team expertise; supports development and shares best practices.
- Outstanding capability to captivate an audience with a focus on strategic selling.
- Can design and facilitate large workshop activities to engage the client team in a creative problem solving process.
- Passion for your ideas, but a greater desire to collaborate to the best idea.
- Solid sense of urgency and ability to discern the critical few (and willingness to ask for help when needed)
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to bring new things to life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
DDB Canada, Vancouver
Vancouver British Columbia V6Z 2T3
PT or FT UX Researcher/UX Strategist
WHO WE ARE
DDB is a worldwide collection of talent, cultures and ideas united by the power of creativity. It’s our fundamental belief that creativity is the most powerful force in business. Our strength lies in our individual areas of expertise, and how we best utilize them to deliver effective business results for complex problems.We are passionate about our craft and pursue excellence in all that we do. Last, but not least, (we think), we are fun to be with.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a UX Researcher and Strategist who is curious, loves asking “why,” and believes that an understanding of real users can leads to the best solutions. We’re looking for someone who is a design thinker and enjoys digging deep when it comes to research.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, including ethnographic observation, user and stakeholder interviews, usability testing, analytics analysis (e.g. Google Analytics), social listening, audits (website, social, content, etc.), competitive reviews, and secondary research.
- Create UX materials that convey insights, opportunities, and solutions, including personas, journey maps, sitemaps, content hierarchies, and wireframes.
- Plan and conduct user interviews and testing. This includes recruiting real users and customers, preparing scripts and activities, testing existing and proposed UX/UI against knowledge and hypotheses, and distilling results into actionable next steps.
- Help to plan and facilitate workshop sessions with the team and with clients.
- Prepare reports and present findings. Communicate strategic insights in meaningful and actionable ways.
WHAT YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 1+ years of experience in UX research.
- Have a degree, diploma, or equivalent schooling in a relevant field such as cognitive psychology, design, human-computer interaction (HCI), sociology, anthropology, or similar programs.
- Be a good listener, have a knack for noticing relevant behaviours when observing people, and be empathetic.
- Like digging deep into your research and coming up with meaningful insights.
- Have experience in qualitative user research and analysis methods as well as quantitative research and data analysis methods.
- Have experience creating journey maps, UX audits, wireframes, sitemaps, personas, and other UX materials.
- Work with wireframing and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Principle and Axure as well as presenting in Keynote and Power Point.
- Comfortable preparing polished presentation decks and presenting to clients.
WHAT WE OFFER
DDB Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great clients, fun office environment, an exceptional team of professionals to work with, and yes, even Hot Dog Days.
If this is you, please apply and send your cover letter & resume.
We thank all applicants in for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.Apply Now
Chicago, IL 60601
The Senior Analyst works closely with account management, media, strategic planning and creative teams to plan, execute and evaluate a broad range of strategic marketing initiatives and programs. This role is may also liaise with client relationships (Customer/Business Intelligence teams) requiring appropriate client management experience & skills.
The Senior Analyst is a hands-on role that will work to build the overall analytics practice for the agency while also selling and delivering work tox clients.
Essential Skills & Functions:
- Expert knowledge of marketing/advertising/research principles and thought leadership (read: be a geek) regarding new marketing analytics methodologies, techniques, tools & technology, and the big players disrupting the space
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of enterprise analytics/data mining/exploration tools, including off-the-shelf tools for web, media, customer, social listening, search, syndicated data, and survey/research
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing research and external data sources including media, social, web site analysis, audience targeting tools and vendors, including both quantitative tracking and research methodologies (Google/DCM, Google Analytics, Adobe, comScore, Kantar, etc.)
- Aptitude to quickly onboard with proprietary DDB/Omnicom-owned tools
- Expert skills in spreadsheet functions such as pivots, advanced formulas/macros, multi-spreadsheet links (Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Expert knowledge and applied experience in all significant online/digital channels
- Experience with data correlation/regression analysis to drive marketing science
- Lead the building of econometric models to demonstrate marketing effectiveness (i.e., if we target people who do X, we can demonstrate lift Y)
- Willingness to be hands-on in working with clients and delivering assignments that may not be repeatable and ad-hoc
- Expert knowledge of analytics techniques such as time series data analysis, segmentation, univariate & multivariate statistical analysis and performance marketing, data modeling, metric and key performance indicator development and refinement, research & test design, significance testing, variance and growth calculations, forecasting, return on investment
- Oversee development of measurement plans including proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs and metrics
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of experience in strategic marketing analytics
- Minimum 5 years of experience with digital marketing analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Proactive, outgoing and can work collaboratively with cross-capability team members
- Comfortable with occasional ambiguity but a driver of rigor to refine ongoing processes
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Computer Science, Decision Science, Economics, Information Management Studies, Integrated Marketing Communications, Bio-statistics, Bio-informatics, Psychology, Sociology.
- Marketing or Business coursework is required
- Coursework in Statistics, Calculus, or Advanced Math is desired.
- Masters or MBA a preferred.
- Experience pitching and winning new business is preferred
- SQL experience is preferred
Senior Strategist, DDB Chicago
Senior Strategic Planner, DDB Chicago
At DDB Chicago, the Strategic Planner is the starting point for ideas that shape culture, change behavior, and drive success for the world¹s most influential brands. We¹re looking for thinkers who are equal parts intellectually rigorous and creatively curious, with an instinct for a good story and a penchant for common sense. The successful candidate will be passionate about finding new ways to bring brand ideas to life, and be able to communicate those points of view clearly and persuasively.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transforming client briefs into strong creative briefs by taking research, information and insights and distilling them down into a singular strategic idea for creative teams to operate from and for clients to easily understand.
- Primary Research: concept, write discussion guides and facilitate focus groups, man-on-the-street interviews, surveys, customer segmentation studies, etc. as necessary; manage 3rd party vendors for the above.
- Secondary Research: Be resourceful. Find unique, unexpected insights and stories about our clients, our consumers and the way the world is changing around them.
- You must be confident, articulate and have excellent instincts with regard to human behavior, business strategy and general marketing theory. And you should be able to do this quickly, with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Media and how it works.
- A passion for culture, understanding how people think/interact, brands, platforms and problem solving.
- You should be familiar with formal processes for building and evolving brands over time and uncovering deep consumer insights.
- At any given time, you should be able to articulate a confident point of view on any industry, brand, consumer segment or communication platform.
- 4-7 years of relevant advertising/marketing experience. Graduate degree in communications, advertising, brand planning or business a plus.
DDB San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94108
DDB SF is the western-most outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name.
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn’t make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams and move target audiences to action.
We are currently seeking a Strategy Director to lead our financial services client in the same category as State Street’s “Fearless Girl.” One part business strategist, one part communication strategist, and one part data and analytics fan. This candidate will be responsible for applying their right-brain grey matter to the development of audience insights, brand vision, content strategy, and measurement planning. They will have an eye for breakthrough work and strive to lead clients to creative work that is both effective and famous. In addition, you will also champion our core values for freedom from fear, freedom to fail, freedom from chaos, freedom to be and celebrate those who embody them.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages client relationships and proactively develops future campaign initiatives and thinking
- Leads client, agency partners, and others in development of a master plan that results in an integrated and successful campaign
- Synthesizes technical information into more digestible and accessible ideas that inspire more relatable creative solutions
- Develops creatively inspiring briefs and propositions to drive clarity in the quality of creative work in the group
- Inspires internal teams, clients, and external teams in how strategic communications can be used to bring ideas to life, ensuring that the creative team have a sophisticated understanding of how the product works and how we can highlight unique benefits or strengths
- Analyze short and medium-term goals and determine team objectives and identify the necessary critical tasks to achieve these objectives
- Is seen as the Strategy Champion for training and development and facilitates organizational learning when it comes to planning tools and practices, as well as, promoting knowledge and sharing
- Engenders respect and builds effective relationships with business partners at the appropriate levels
- 5-8 years strong brand planning experience (may currently be a Sr Strategist, but working at a Director level)
- Digital native, who is comfortable building integrated campaigns and utilizing content strategy and playing to different channel strengths to increase audience impact
- Analytics experience – knowledge of correct metrics to use, quantitative analysis of marketing efforts and results, and how to utilize metrics to improve campaigns
- Adept at working with creative teams from briefing and conception into production, and passionate about bringing new thinking to the ideation process
- Strong communication skills, a gifted writer, comfortable presenting and leading meetings with mid to high level clients and colleagues.
- An appetite/talent for simplifying the complex and creating inspiring, interesting briefs where others might fear to tread
- Ability to manage multiple work streams seamlessly and independently
- A keen and curious mind that helps brands take inspired leaps rooted in cultural insights
- The ability to not just deduce and distill, but also to project and inspire
- A true team player that has the ability to collaborate with clients and multiple agency partners on strategies
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Apply Now
DDB SF is the westernmost outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name.
The Community Manager is a key part of the team that will develop social campaigns from both a strategic and tactical standpoint, as well as managing the day-to-day operations reporting to a Strategy Director.
You will demonstrate expertise in the following:
Knowledge of Client Business
* Demonstrate understanding of how the client business and account operates, how the target behaves in the social space and how social media can be leveraged to benefit a client’s marketing communications and move their business forward
* Proactively monitor competitive landscape and work with the strategists and account teams to share industry news/innovations in the digital and social space on an ongoing basis
* Develop and maintain a positive relationship with appropriate Client contacts and partner agency network
* Establish strong relationships with internal team members across all agency departments
* Collaborate closely with Account team to facilitate seamless development and delivery of an ongoing, high volume of creative assets
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Community Strategy – Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns
* Social Media Management – creating, managing and growing the client’s presence and building a community of engaged consumers across all social channels, with a focus on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
* Content Creation – Assist in the development of social campaigns, create and manage social content calendars for all social communities and manage image and video assets
* Community Monitoring – monitor and create a dialogue with client’s engaged audience to leverage brand message and build brand loyalty
* Governance – lead and optimize strict adherence to process
* Social Insights – Summarize insights to create client-facing reports
* Analytics – Work together with the Analytics team to provide reports on metrics, and continually identify ways to improve social campaign performance and community engagement
* An expert understanding of the social web technologies and the current online landscape – design, functionality, users
* Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects
* Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills
* Proficiency in social listening tools
* Exceptional communication skills within the agency team
* Very high attention to detail
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Skills & Traits
* Innovative Mindset – challenge and rethink work processes and executions
* Resilience – help to build a social culture inside the agency and at the client
* Problem-solving oriented – proactive in bringing new solutions for old problems
* Trend Hunter – up to date to social & tech & target behavioral trends
* Team Player – engage different areas to work with social
You will also champion our core values of freedom from fear, freedom to fail, freedom from chaos, freedom to be and celebrate those who embody them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Rodgers Townsend, St. Louis
St. Louis, MO 63102
Strategists are resourceful and always looking to synthesize unique and unexpected insights that inspire brilliant ideas. This role will specifically drive innovation in our clients’ industry.
- Develops insights from consumer research, brand understanding, marketplace data, culture
- Crafts creative briefs, provides clear inspiring briefings to creatives and remains an active contributor throughout creative development
- Ensures that campaigns are strategically rooted in means to measure and drive campaign effectiveness
- Ensure strong collaborative relationships across internal agency teams and externally with agency and client partners to consistently elevate the quality of thinking and ideas applied to the client business
- Ensure all deliverables required from the Strategy Group, internally and externally, are provided in an efficient and timely manner
- Looks beyond the commonly accepted approach and seeks opportunities for modifying and adapting existing practices. Where possible pursues new ideas or innovative approaches
- 5+ years of experience as a strategist or equivalent
- Experience developing effective consumer journeys and personas.
- Ability to read, interpret and synthesize information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Ability to produce well-written research reports, presentations and results to clients and agency
- Organized individual who can prioritize, meet deadlines, improve processes and manage time effectively
- Strong qualitative research and analytic skills with quantitative skills a plus
- Proven experience in creating innovative insight-driven strategies
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Strong writing and presenting skills
DDB Remedy, London
W6 9WA London
DDB Remedy is an award-winning creative healthcare communications agency
We believe our role is to change hearts, minds and behaviours so everyone can live a better life. And we live those values not just in the work we do for our clients but in the ethos we espouse within the agency. Of course, we work hard too. We want to do ‘great stuff’ – to achieve our clients’ objectives, to win awards, to build our reputation and push our business onwards and upwards. We truly value everyone who works with us in this.
DDB Remedy planners
The basic requirement is a combination of strategic acumen and creative inspiration. But we aren’t management consultants, we’re a creative agency. So it’s not just about being boringly right. It’s about being interesting. Planners here need to be able to inspire creative people to do the best work of their lives. Partly this is breadth. Planners are critical in broadening the kind of creativity we offer. Planners need to be comfortable and confident with a wide range of communications beyond traditional advertising. Partly this is being future-facing. An informed enthusiasm for the possibilities opened up by technology. An ability to lead clients confidently into new ways of doing marketing. And as importantly, an ability to separate the hype from the real value – and to appreciate the continued value of the traditional alongside the new.
The original DDB mantra is ‘talented but nice’. That’s still important. The day-to-day culture at DDBR is fast and focused on the creative output. Everyone gets their sleeves rolled up. You need to be quick-minded, a confident self-starter, who can spot opportunities to contribute and surprise colleagues.
- Use and create opportunities to deepen understanding of brand and communication planning steps
- Produce and interrogate data from multiple sources and build a coherent argument to support the client business strategy
- Support the Agency team in writing creative briefs and briefing
- Have an informed enthusiasm for the possibilities opened up by technology
- Increase exposure to clients, contribute to client discussions and present when appropriate
- Develop your professional conduct and ‘planning style’
- Ensure you are receiving core training and develop a view on your career progression
01 Creative thinker and inspires new ways of doing things
02 Ability to manage pressure and deadlines
03 Team player
04 Ability to quickly find and synthesise key insights
05 Confident communicator and ability to lead meetings
06 Champions digital strategies
Support delivery of strategic guidance
- Contribute to brand strategy, know how to use supporting data, insights and learnings in writing strategy
- Know key information sources, which ones are available and what is most relevant to your project/account
- Take ownership for analysing and summarising research – and identifying insights
- Partner with the Planning Director to write and deliver focused and inspiring briefs
- Build and maintain the trust of creatives
- Develop sound judgement of creative
- Review creative in-line with brief to maintain strategy throughout the project
- Write stimulating and creative presentations that engage colleagues and clients
- Support the planning and facilitation of workshops
- Practise presenting to clients and in internal meetings
- Keep abreast of developments in the digital space with a view to providing new and innovative ideas to the team and clients
- Consider ways of sharing consumer/industry insights in an ongoing way – a panel, quarterly interviews and range of relevant RSS feeds
Builds relationships internally and externally
- Take responsibility for checking in with teams, ensuring they are clear and inspired, ‘feeding’ them with additional input and starters as needed
- Understands the importance of, and forges strong relationships among, key internal departments and counterparts including our partner agencies in the building (a&eDDB, Tribal Worldwide, Gutenberg…)
Understands our Work, our Network and our Clients
- Demonstrate a passion for healthcare, wellness and beauty and our competitive landscape
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity beyond client ideas in brainstorm sessions/when developing campaigns/programmes
- Start to learn the importance of linking activity with performance
- Work with your Planning Director to identify award stories and write it as clearly as possible
- Start to experience managing processes – research projects, agency teams
- Supports the wider team on prospecting pitches
- Acts as an advocate and supporter of DDB Remedy in all interactions with the client or external suppliers
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate or equivalent
- Relevant agency experience
- Can demonstrate an interest and understanding of the health, wellness and beauty sectors
- Aptitude in all the planning ‘core’ areas, even if developing: such as quantitative/qualitative research
What happens now?
If you are interested in this rewarding challenge, supported by a competitive salary and benefits package, send your CV with a note to on why this role might be for you.
Due to the volume of applications received, only successful applicants will be responded to and we can only accept CVs from applicants with the right to work in the UK.
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do at DDB Remedy. It’s the freedom to be and it flows through our work, our people and us as individuals. Everyone has the right to be treated equally and with respect. If you need any adjustments to complete your application or attend an interview please let us know.Apply Now