Track DDB, Toronto
Toronto Ontario M4W 3T4
Intermediate Strategist - 6 Month Contract
Intermediate Strategist – 6 Month Contract
Track DDB Canada is looking for an experienced strategist to join our growing strategy team – a blended group of digital, CRM and integrated strategists who believe in the power of customer data to create relevancy, change behavior and ultimately grow our client’s business.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy, you will work closely with the analytics, creative and account teams to understand and represent the customer as you design strategic plans and deliver inspiring briefs that will help bring about creative solutions to our client’s business challenges. You must be a collaborator at the core, motivated by doing great work and be able to successfully manage multiple projects with agility. You are someone who likes to ask great questions, solve problems and who has the confidence to bring new thinking into the agency.
About the role.
- Lead the integrated planning process for key clients/projects, bringing in the optimal mix of analytic, strategy, creative, tech, account representation to craft compelling communications strategies. You will also have the ability to clearly articulate them in a confident and persuasive manner to clients and teams.
- Connect customer data with consumer research and cultural trends to uncover meaningful insights about a consumer – deriving the story from the data – with an eye to how that relates to a bigger idea.
- Ability to see both the forest and trees, being able to help visualize how moments connect to form a cohesive customer journey – and how to transform those strategies into comprehensive connections plans, with an emphasis on segmentation, micro-journeys and content/cadence planning.
- Provide inspiration and ideas to creative teams as they begin the creative development process; act as a partner and sounding board during the creative process, with the ability to formulate and communicate an objective point of view on creative work that is constructive and representative of the consumer.
- Take high-level creative ideas and break them into their specific communications tasks; succinctly outline the role of channels within an idea; develop frameworks that assist in the presentation of ideas to clients.
- Support the development of thought leadership to both enhance the internal knowledge base on what the strategy team can do, but also to bolster the external positioning and new business efforts.
- Build excellent relationships with media partners and agency partners.
About you and your experience
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Advertising
- 5-7 years of integrated communications planning experience with emphasis on data-driven, 1:1 / digital communications (EM, Push, App, re-targeting, etc.)
- Strong ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
- Proven builder of team expertise; supports development and shares best practices.
- Outstanding capability to captivate an audience with a focus on strategic selling.
- Can design and facilitate large workshop activities to engage the client team in a creative problem solving process.
- Passion for your ideas, but a greater desire to collaborate to the best idea.
- Solid sense of urgency and ability to discern the critical few (and willingness to ask for help when needed)
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to bring new things to life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Chicago, IL 60601
Associate Social Strategy DIrector
The Associate Director will help mentor and develop an engaged junior team of social strategists and report directly to the Group Social Strategy Director. You will develop creative briefs and ensure all work is strategically focused while partnering closely with cross-functional teams to fine-tune social process and explore engaging ways for people to connect with our founding client McDonald’s.
Specific Responsibilities & Expectations
The ideal candidate must:
• Have 6+ years dedicated to the social space; 2+ years managing a team.
• Hold a degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
• Possess strong, empathetic collaboration and client engagement skills.
• Understand social channels and trends both as a user and creator.
• Know the latest social specifications, restrictions and guidelines.
• Be able to formulate social POVs for a variety of audiences / skill levels.
• Be able to turn data into insights and mine for data-driven ah-ha moments.
• Be proficient in developing campaign, channel & influencer strategies.
• Clearly communicate social media plans to ensure flawless execution.
• Track goals and analyze results for both paid and organic content.
• Get to know the communities and identify actionable social insights.
What you bring to the team:
• Exceptional writing skills and an eye for detail.
• Familiarity with paid social and post optimization.
• Hardworking with a knack for getting things done.
• The ability to be nimble and accept feedback.
• Passion for internet culture and social trends.
You will get bonus points for:
• Experience with social publishing tool, like Sprout.
• Experience with social listening tool, such as Netbase.
• Community management, copywriting or video editing.
• Previous QSR experience or omni-channel business.
Director, Marketing Strategy
Responsibilities include working with clients, the larger DDB/Omnicom Team, and other partner agencies to:
- Identify opportunities for creativity to generate competitive advantages on behalf of our client businesses.
- Develop well-informed strategies for these opportunities–rooted in the principles of effective marketing and underpinned by data and insights.
- Contribute to the overall penetration of marketing strategy services within existing client businesses as well as contributing to new business efforts as needed.
- Partner with clients on relevant macro-level strategic and innovation initiatives by looking beyond the commonly accepted approach and seeking opportunities for modifying existing practices. Where possible, pioneer new ideas or innovative approaches.
- You’re entrepreneurial. You get in deep to understand a client’s business and then quickly transition to thinking about how creativity could make it work better.
- You’re a strategic polymath. Your bring rigor with breadth versus depth. You find it easy to move from right-brain to left and analysis to ideas–and you never lose sight of the connection between the two or interest in either.
- You’re a simplifier. You know that complexity is the enemy of execution, but the devil is in the details. So, you stay big picture in your thinking (i.e., systems thinking) while managing the details that are critical to success.
- You’re a collaborator. You thrive within a multi-stakeholder environment where the opinions of others will be a part of your everyday.
- You’re a student. You’re a continuous learner who stays at the forefront of marketing knowledge, and you easily integrate proven principles into everyday practice.
- You’re a teacher. You don’t see what you know as something to keep to yourself. Rather, you see it as something of value to be shared. And more than once you’ve been asked to upskill and educate others.
- 7+ years of experience as a Strategist
- 3+ years working directly clients and leading strategic initiatives
- Well-versed in the theory, principles, and application of modern marketing
- Broad range of marketing experience across Brand Strategy, Communication Strategy, Media strategy, and Innovation.
- Very strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
We’re looking for a thinker and a doer who is equal parts intellectually rigorous and creatively curious, with an instinct for relating a good story and a penchant for making the complex simple.
- The successful candidate will be passionate about finding new ways to bring ideas to life, and be able to communicate those points of view clearly and persuasively.
- Lead the divining of integrated insights and strategic planning in a way consistent with the agency’s goal of bringing a strong analytical and cultural foundation to uncover: fresh and innovative insights/business opportunities and inspiring creative ideas.
- Act as a critical liaison between the Chicago and New York offices in strategically aligning overall marketing efforts with what activates on a digital, content, and social media level.
- Help create and present thoughtful and provocative strategies, creative briefs, brand ideas, and experience plans.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of category and competitive activity, and keep a finger on the pulse of existing and emerging consumer and cultural trends.
- Support the Strategy Director in day-to-day strategic output by leading a talented, dynamic team of strategists across two offices.
- Partner with creatives and account supervisors to develop disruptive ideas and experiences at multiple customer touch-points that breakthrough in the category.
- Support the orchestration of all brand planning, strategic development and analytical activity for the largest and longest-running account in the agency, working closely with integrated agency partners in media, digital/social, multicultural, activation, and PR
- Ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to our client’s business by inspiring and facilitating collaboration among client and agency team members.
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience in planning, strategic planning and related communications experience.
- Bachelors Degree required; Post-Graduate/Portfolio School study in advertising or brand strategy preferred.
- Marketing background, creative problem-solving, and strong analytical capabilities a must.
- Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research acumen; comfortable navigating, monitoring, and divining insight and ideas from search and social media.
- Strong communication skills, a gifted writer, and enthusiastic presenter with proficiency in Keynote.
- Vertical growth will be closely assessed and rewarded based on consistent demonstration of overall acumen, proven impact on the business and the brand, professional growth and category knowledge, thought leadership, and managerial skills.
- The Senior Strategist will be groomed and expected to become a Strategy Director based on the aforementioned criteria.
Senior Strategist, DDB Chicago
Senior Strategic Planner, DDB Chicago
At DDB Chicago, the Strategic Planner is the starting point for ideas that shape culture, change behavior, and drive success for the world¹s most influential brands. We¹re looking for thinkers who are equal parts intellectually rigorous and creatively curious, with an instinct for a good story and a penchant for common sense. The successful candidate will be passionate about finding new ways to bring brand ideas to life, and be able to communicate those points of view clearly and persuasively.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transforming client briefs into strong creative briefs by taking research, information and insights and distilling them down into a singular strategic idea for creative teams to operate from and for clients to easily understand.
- Primary Research: concept, write discussion guides and facilitate focus groups, man-on-the-street interviews, surveys, customer segmentation studies, etc. as necessary; manage 3rd party vendors for the above.
- Secondary Research: Be resourceful. Find unique, unexpected insights and stories about our clients, our consumers and the way the world is changing around them.
- You must be confident, articulate and have excellent instincts with regard to human behavior, business strategy and general marketing theory. And you should be able to do this quickly, with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Media and how it works.
- A passion for culture, understanding how people think/interact, brands, platforms and problem solving.
- You should be familiar with formal processes for building and evolving brands over time and uncovering deep consumer insights.
- At any given time, you should be able to articulate a confident point of view on any industry, brand, consumer segment or communication platform.
- 4-7 years of relevant advertising/marketing experience. Graduate degree in communications, advertising, brand planning or business a plus.